Monday, May 30, 2011

Still getting Ready

May 30 2011

Well the time is getting close to the start of the trip only 4 days left before we leave. Twenty years ago I would have not even questioned it but today I worry about the little things. I have hafted the pack a carried it around a little bit without too much trouble so I think it will be OK.

As preparation I have think things are coming together well. Dianne and I have purchased a new tent which I pitched yesterday and looks good. It is a little bigger than I wanted but not as big as the tent Dianne was thinking of so it is aa all things are in a relationship a good compromise one I an live with and so can she. I really do not understand why I should complain about this though as it is the pack she will have to carry, I guess it is just the principle of more weight. This is a hangover from hiking the Appalachians trail. We also purchased a new light weight tarp, pitched it and tied on all the ropes ect. I have repaired my pack hanging block and tackle to hang the food packs. (As a side not we now have two brand new SealLine Propack Bags the old ones tore along seams while hanging them not a bad deal. I was pleased as they were victims of at least 10 trips all rough so lifetime warranty in this case means lifetime) I repaired Dianne's desired paddle and we are still discussing what other paddles take ass spares. The “oar” I carved last year is my paddle and maybe I test it out before leaving. Something to think about at least. Well I just have the clothe pack to close and then I think we are ready.



I have even practiced typing sitting down to make sure I can record stuff on the net book. Not too bad except for some reason the stupid thing keeps suggesting “toothbrush” whenever I type “too”. Just one of those things I have to get used to I guess.

OK that is the pre news for now.
Love to all and to all a good day!
Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment